Saturday 25 June 2016

Getting back into the Routine in Little Britain


The Purpose of this blog is to promote The Dyspraxia Foundation E book' "Dyspraxic Adults Surviving in a NonDyspraxic World" self help book for dyspraxic adults. All proceeds go to the Dyspraxia Foundation Adult Support Groups. Available on Amazon for £9.99


Today's Blog about living with dyspraxia and getting back into your work routine after being on holiday and finding out I’m now living in little Britain.

 I got back to work on Monday and found that there were things that needed sorting that had happened while I was away. But other than that I thought I had settled in OK. I’d even booked Friday of to do a TV presenters course as I like that kind of thing and it was something to look forward to after my holiday. Id bought outfits that wouldn’t confuse the camera and was dressed very smart for the course I needed three so it looked like it was filmed on different days and my usual colours and patterns are confusing for the camera
I was going to write about my experience of going on a crash course in TV presenting, that I found on Meetup. I think that my usual coping strategies to make sure I find where I am going went out of the window. I got a taxi and allowed plenty of time to get to the studio as I knew I had to arrive before 9:45 or they wouldn’t let me into the studio. Forgetting to bring the printout for venue information was probably due to not getting back into my routine after being on holiday. Also assuming the right venue had been saved on my phone. This can be hard for a non-dyspraxic but even harder for a dyspraxic. I forgot to bring a map with the name of the company and the name of the building. I had completely forgotten the details so couldn’t find the studio my course was being held in.  All I had was 112 Broadway when my google map was linked up to my planner on my phone. I looked on the wrong email account to find the email with the joining details reminder from meetup. So consequently I couldn’t find the building which turned out to be at the Greenhouse at 111 Broadway. 

I knew I would never find the studio in time so rather than run around like a blue arsed fly shouting and swearing I thought it was better to ask the taxi driver to drive me to the nearest Metrolink stop. I thought there was no point in getting stressed about it so I went to work, as I felt a little guilty that it was Future Visions Monthly committee meeting. I phoned up the ticket company assertively explaining that I had a dyspraxic day and forgot the map to find the venue. I asked nicely if they could reschedule my training. I was told they don’t usually
do this but under the circumstances, I have been very kindly rescheduled to July 18th.
 It was a funny old day all together. Brexit have got their way. I am concerned the we will be living in a Little Britain with none of the EEC human rights and because we have a Tory government who are completely out of touch with the reality for disabled people, working people and anyone else who wasn’t born with a silver spoon in their mouths. I wasn’t a fan of David Cameron but he was anti Brexit.  

 I have been on two peoples Assembly protests in London against the Austerity cuts and to demand Cameron Resigns.
 
Me protesting in London Against the Tories on 16th April 2016

I protested when the Tories had their annual conference in Manchester. , With DPAC outside the Midland hotel .

Me Protesting Outside the Midland Hotel, when the Tories had their conference in Manchester
 Now Cameron has resigned we will probably get Borris Johnson as Prime Minister. I know he’s of Hungarian decent but I think he has encouraged a lot of xenophobic panic. What makes everyone think we will have less bureaucracy?  All British governments whatever side they are on are so obsessed with bureaucracy that many teachers have left teaching because of the ridiculous amount of paper work that gets in the way of their teaching. The bureaucracy which has become worse when claiming welfare benefits has nothing to do with the EEC (unless someone can give me evidence to say that I am incorrect). There has always been red tape and delays in getting money since I signed on in the 1980s

Many adult dyspraxics are really concerned and upset about the uncertainty of their future. I was saddened and disappointed but that kind of thing doesn’t have a huge impact on my emotional wellbeing. But some adults with dyspraxia were very distressed and anxious about Britain leaving the EEC. It will take 2 years before it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment